We understand that starting the next chapter of your life in a new country and in an unfamiliar culture has its challenges and facing the unknown could cause some stress. Students at the beginning of their academic careers can often profit from advice from an experienced student. Our International Mentor Network is designed to make the transition to the University of Pécs a smooth and successful one. By being mentored, you will have available resources for information, networking opportunities, support for academic success.
Mentors are senior students within the Faculty who can assist you to settle into university life. This may include:
- providing support and advice
- sharing knowledge and their experiences
- familiarising you with your Faculty and University services
- showing you around the city
- helping you with official tasks (Immigration Office, getting a hungarian phone, Medical Incurance, opening a bank account)
- providing general information about your course
- help you build networks
- reminding you about professional etiquette
Mentors are not intended to replace the academic advice, tutoring or assistance with your course material provided by the Faculty. They are hand-selected and eager to help guide and teach you things about your new adventure in life. Every new student will be matched up with a mentor. Please check your emails regularly including your spam folder. If you need any further information about the Mentor Program, please write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.