1. Dormitory Check-In & Check-Out
Things you should have when you check-in:
- 3,5*4,5 cm passport photo (this is necessary for the dormitory card)
- Cash or bank card to pay the rent (you can't move in if it is not paid) 40.000HUF
- Verification that you will be a University of Pécs student in the given academic year and that your application for dormitory placement has been approved.
Dormitory placement is provided to every freshmen students. Online dormitory registration form must be filled out prior to departure to Hungary in order to receive a placement. You will need to fill out the dormitory service contract and comply with all house rules.
If you decide to leave the dormitory you need to inform the dormitory in a written form, in due time–as is indicated in your dormitory contract. DORMITORY ALLOCATIONS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE AND YOU MIGHT BE ALLOCATED TO A DIFFERENT DORMITORY THAN IS INDICATED ON YOUR LETTER OF ADMISSION.
Please note: You need to inform the Immigration Office every time, you move to a new address in Hungary!
2. SemesterActivation & Enrolment
WHERE? At the Registrar’s Office B-025
Monday & Wednesday: 8.30 – 11.30
Tuesday & Thursday: 13.00 – 15.00
Bring the following documents with you:
- Original High School Diploma OR BA/BSc degree OR MA/MSC degree –depending on your study program’s requirement
- UP Medical Certificate
Sign the matriculation sheet and thereby
officially activate your student status at the University of Pécs.
WHY? Without an active student status, you will not be able to start your studies in Pécs.
You will need to request 4 copies of the STUDENT STATUS CERTIFICATE from your study program’s Registrar’s Office for:
- Residence permit –at the Immigration Office
- Medical Insurance card (TAJ card) –at the Central Registrar’s Office
- Student Card –at the Government Office
- Hungarian bank account –at any bank’s branch office in Hungary
3. Application for Medical Insurance
WHERE? At the Central Registrar’s Office
(’CRO’, ’KözpontiTanulmányi Iroda’),
Address: Faculty of Law, Building Z, lower
ground floor Dohányutca1-3, 7622 Pécs
Opening hours: Monday –Thursday: 9:00-15:00, Friday: 9:00-16:00
WHY? Without your medical insurance, you are not entitled to free medical treatment in Hungary. Your insurance card also provides you discount on prescribed medicine.
- Valid residence permit (card)
- Accommodation confirmation (or address card)
- Letter of Award /your scholarship certificate (download from your Neptun account or from the scholarship application account).
- Student status certificate in Hungarian language –from your faculty’s registrar’s office, issued not more than 30 days prior to your application!
It takes approximately 3-4 weeks to issue your ’TAJ’ card. As soon as it is ready, you will receive a notification and you can pick it up in CRO.
PLEASE, DO NOT FORGET TO RENEW YOUR ’TAJ’ CARD IN THE ’CRO’BEFORE IT EXPIRES!
4. Immigration Office (IO) (Directorate-General for Aliens Policing)
All non-EU citizens must check in at the IO within
30 days after their arrival to Hungary.
Book an appointment and ask your mentor to take you to the Immigration Office: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en (Please,use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for better visualization). Address: Csendutca3., Pécs 7623
Take the following documents with you:
- Valid passport / national ID
- One passport-size photo
- Datasheet from their website (”Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies” –filled out)
- Letter of Award (from Tempus Public Foundation)
- Student status certificate (from Registrar’s Office)
- Dormitory contract OR (if you live in a rented flat) lease agreement + a copy of ownership certificate from landlord
ALWAYS KEEP UP WITH THEIR DEADLINES and if you move to a new flat report your new address to the Immigrations office within 3 days.
5. Application for Student Card
WHERE? APPLICATION: GOVERNMENT OFFICE
Address: Szántó Kovács János utca1. Pécs 7633
Opening hours: Mon: 7:00-17:00, Tue: 8:00-12:00, Wed: 8:00-16:00, Thu: 8:00-18:00, Fri:8:00-13:30
WHAT TO DO?
- Take your PASSPORT and STUDENT STATUS CERTIFICATE with you!
- Application form: provide your personal data exactly as it is written in your passport!
- You will receive a document there, please make sure that your data on the paper matches exactly with your data in Neptun (if your data is different in the system, please visit the Registrar’s Office at your faculty and ask them to update your personal data)!
- Fill in the ‘NEK’ number from this document
PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT CARD:
You will need to pick up both the temporary and the permanent student card at your Faculty’s Registrar’s Office (B025). It is valid with a semester sticker, and it has to be renewed each semester!
6. Opening a Bank Account
We recommend OTP Bank’s branch office in Rákóczi út 1. Pécs 7621
- Ask your student mentor to go with you and help you with translation if necessary.
- Take all personal documents with you including passport, student status certificate, residence permit, ’address paper’ from IO
- After you have opened your new bank account log in to Neptun and upload the account number.