The University of Pécs has ten dormitories. They are located in quiet, residential areas of the city. The Faculties of the University and the city centre are easily accessible from the dormitories. Most of the dormitories have recently been renovated. The rooms are nicely furnished and contain bathrooms. Bedclothes are supplied. Rooms are offered at a reasonable price: approximately EUR 130 per month.
Getting a dormitory placement
First-year students are informed about the application process upon admission by email. Only first-year students from visa-requiring countries can apply for dormitory accommodation. They receive the link to the application by email.
Higher-year students must fill in the application form of the Student Union available in their Neptun account. First-year students have priority in the application process. Dormitory allocations are non-negotiable and you might be allocated to a different dormitory than is indicated on your letter of admission.
Please find more information about the dormitories of the University of Pécs available for international students here:
- Szántó Dormitory (H-7633 Pécs, Szántó Kovács János u. 1/d.)
- Damjanich Dormitory (H-7624 Pécs, Damjanich u. 30.)
- Balassa Dormitory (H-7624 Pécs, Jakabhegyi út 6.)
Fee per month
Szántó Dormitory wing A and C
61 100 HUF
Szántó Dormitory wing D
52 650 HUF
67 600 HUF
52 650 HUF
Dormitory Check-In & Check-Out
If you applied for a dormitory and got accepted, you can move into the appointed dormitory right after arrival. Things you should have when you check in:
· 3,5*4,5 cm passport photo (this is necessary for the dormitory card)
· Cash or bank card to pay the rent (you can't move in if it is not paid)
· Verification that you will be a University of Pécs student in the given academic year and that your application for dormitory placement has been approved.
If you decide to leave the dormitory you need to inform the dormitory in a written form, in due time–as is indicated in your dormitory contract.
Please note: You need to inform the Immigration Office every time, you move to a new address in Hungary.
Further information on accommodation in general: Housing (pte.hu)