The National Union of Students in Hungary (HÖOK) is seeking to appoint mentors for its Stipendium Hungaricum Mentor Network (for semesters of 2018 and 2019)
HÖOK is seeking to appoint mentors for its Stipendium Hungaricum Mentor Network. Mentors take tasks on contemporary assistance and on the integration of foreign students coming to Hungary under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme in semesters of 2018 and 2019.
Deadline for applications: 29 June 2018 (Friday) 12:00
Due to the exam period we extended the deadline.
Application happens online: send a CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com
After sending the application, each applicant receives a confirmatory e-mail. At times the system categorises such e-mails as spams. In case you do not receive a confirmatory e-mail within two days, we recommend you to check your spam folders or inform us about the problem by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look after your application afterwards.
Should you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We hope to see you soon
▪ Mentors are sophomore or senior students that go to the same university and help the institutional integration of their mentorees. After the mentorees’ arrival to Hungary, mentors help them with the integration to student scene. It is the mentors’ responsibility to keep in touch with their mentorees and to inform them about any current institutional competitions and scholarships, as well as about the institutional academic system.
▪ Mentors may help more than one mentoree at the same time, which they receive allowances for.
▪ Mentors are responsible for their positions for ten months – one academic year – during which they are required to own students’ status.
▪ Mentors are kindly asked to forward matters to the mentor network’s management of their mentorees that cannot be solved within their own responsibility.
▪ Mentors are responsible for keeping in touch with the institution’s directing mentor, for satisfying their administrative tasks and for giving monthly written records on their tasks.
▪ Mentors are required to do their utmost and be present on trainings and on country image building programmes organised by the management of the mentor network.
Criteria for application
▪ Except for freshmen, each student is able to receive mentorship, provided that they are involved in full time training (BA, MA, undivided trainings, higher level vocational trainings) during the semesters of 2018 and 2019.
▪ Since the common working language of the Stipendium Hungaricum Mentor Network is English, mentors are all required to use English at mid-level.
▪ In case of successful application, mentors are required to visit the Mentor Camp, organised by the managers of the mentor network, during which their accommodation, dining and training is proved.
▪ Provided that mentors fulfil the requirements, they receive allowances.
Examination of applications
▪ Each applicant receives a confirmation by 22 June, 2018. In case of the application being successful, it is followed by an interview and enrolment (when needed).
▪ Applicants will be informed about the Mentor Camp online, in June, after the end of the enrolment period. We will send such messages to those e-mail addresses that were mentioned on the application pages. We kindly ask each applicant to provide a gmail address.