All non-EU citizens must check in at the OI within 30 days after their arrival to Hungary.
Book an appointment and ask your ’Buddy’to take you to the Office of Immigration and Nationality (OI): http://www.bmbah.hu
Address: 7623 Pécs, Csend utca 3.
- Monday: 8:30-11:00, 14:00-17:00
- Tuesday: 13:00-16:00
- Wednesday: CLOSED
- Thursday: 8:30-11:00, 13:00-16:00
- Friday: 8:30-11:00
Please take the following documents with you:
- Valid passport / national ID
- One passport-size photo
- Datasheet from their website (”Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies” - filled out)
- Letter of Award
- Student status certificate (from Registrar’s Office) and/or Letter of Admission (from your study programme)
- Dormitory contract OR (if you live in a rented flat) lease agreement + a copy of ownership certificate from landlord + accommodation report form
Wait for the call or e-mail from OI. It takes approx. 1-2 weeks until your residence permit card arrives. If you live in a flat, make sure you have your name on the mailbox in order to receive official letters sent by any authority. Visit again the OI in office hours or book an appointment (see above). Submit your passport and refer to the phone call or e-mail where OI notified you about your new residence permit card. Sign the documents and receive your residence permit.
Important general information:
With the type “D” visa you received at the Hungarian Consulate you can only travel in to Hungary once and its only valid for 30 days (the 30 days starts when you enter at the Hungarian border), so please make sure you visit the OI as soon as possible preferably in the first two weeks of your arrival. If you are under 18 years old, you are a minor in Hungary you will need a legal representative who signs the official documents for you.