University of Pécs logo University of Pécs
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
University of Pécs
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology

What to do after you arrive to Hungary?

Student Guide
Step 1. Gather the following documents
  1. completed application form of the residence permit for study reason 
  2. one passport size photo  
  3. your passport
  4. You have to certify an address :
    • If you live in a dormitory:
      • dormitory contract and official accommodation paper 
    •  If you live in a rented flat:
      • authorized property page of the flat (not older than 30 days)
      • the valid rental contract or agreement about the flat
      • official accommodation paper that is filled out, signed by the owner/s and you and contains the precise, official address
Step 2. Visit the Office of Immigration (OI) in office hours or book an appointment

Address: Pécs, Csend street 3.
How to get there: bus No. 21.
Phone number: +36 72 518 720

Office hours: 

  • Monday 8:30-11:30 and 14:00-17:30 
  • Tuesday 13:00-16:00 
  • Wednesday closed 
  • Thursday 08:30-11:30 and 13:00-16:00 
  • Friday 08:30-11:30

Appointment booking:

Step 3. Wait for the call or e-mail of the OI

It takes approx. 1 or 2 weeks until your residence permit card arrives. As soon as it is here OI will notify you.

If you live in a flat, make sure you have your name on the mailbox in order to receive official letters sent by any authority.

Step 4. Again visit the OI in office hours or book an appointment (see above)

Submit your passport and refer to the phone call or e-mail where OI notified you about your new residence permit card.

Sign the documents and receive your residence permit.

Important general information

With the type “D” visa you received at the Hungarian Consulate you can only travel in to the country once and its only valid for 30 days (the 30 days starts when you enter the Hungarian border) so please make sure you visit the OI as soon as possible preferably in the first two weeks of your arrival. If you are under 18 years old, you are a minor in Hungary you will need a legal representative who signes the official documents for you.