In this section, you can find an overview of the application process with specific information for each step along the way.
A) Application Step by Step
- Register on the online application site of the University of Pécs
- Submit the following documents:
- Passport sized photo
- Copy of Passport
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Medical Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Recommendation letters, more documentation etc. – optional submission
* - Portfolio (Architecture program): about the portfolio: the goal of the portfolio is to assess the candidate's creative skills.
- Applicants for Architecture in 10 semesters: portfolio or collection of some creative works (artworks, craftworks, paperworks) which are able to picture the creative-visual skills of the applicants (hand drawings, digital drawings, artistic photos or photos about travels, buildings, thoughts about the built environments etc.)
- Applicants for Architecture with previous studies: a portfolio or collection of your autonomous artworks, craftworks, paperworks or graphic design works, in both manual and digital format. Every form of graphic design is welcomed: illustrations, layouts, logos, comics, CD covers, posters, typo-posters, packaging designs, web designs, etc. Every form of graphic art and all kinds of techniques are also welcome: graphic studies, computer graphics, manual drawings, sketches, aquarelles, collages, paintings, works made by printmaking techniques, etc. Handmade originals have to be scanned or to be photographed, ideally it is combined with digital works in one single optimized pdf. (use online pdf tools, for example: https://www.ilovepdf.com/). Layout should be in A/4 format (portrait or landscape).
- Applicants for Architecture PhD/DLA programs: a portfolio about projects, works, build projects, architectural competitions, publications etc. Handmade originals have to be scanned or to be photographed, ideally it is combined with digital works in one single optimized pdf. (use online pdf tools, for example: https://www.ilovepdf.com/ ). Layout should be in A/4 format (portrait or landscape).
* For PhD/DLA program: Research plan
3. Pay the application fee and send the confirmation of transaction
4. The Admission Committee confirm the receipt of the application fee and evaluate your submitted documents
5. Call for Skype interview
6. After the Skype interview, the Admission Committee send you the offer of admission within a week if you meet the entry requirements.
7. Pay the tuition fee and send the confirmation of transaction
8. After receiving the tuition fee payment, the Decision of Admission will be sent to you for starting the visa process
9. Visa Process
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact us by e-mail:
B) Selection process
All students who apply for a specific course or programme, and meet the entry requirements, compete with one another for the places that are available.